All Menu PricesQuick and Easy Dinners for One
Avocado Toast with Egg
I love avocado toast, and if you add an egg to it, you have a complete meal. Sometimes I use balsamic vinegar to season avocado instead of lemon juice. You can make the egg however you like, but I prefer it fried or poached.
Avocado toast with egg is a popular and delicious breakfast or brunch dish. Here’s a simple recipe to make it:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices of bread (whole wheat or sourdough are great options)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil or cooking spray
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl and mash it with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the bread slices until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a little bit of olive oil or cooking spray to the pan.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook them to your desired level of doneness (sunny-side up, over-easy, etc.). Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the eggs while they cook.
- Spread the mashed avocado on each slice of toasted bread.
- Once the eggs are cooked, carefully remove them from the skillet and place one egg on top of each slice of avocado toast.
- Season with a little extra salt and pepper if desired, and enjoy your delicious avocado toast with egg!