All Menu PricesQuick and Easy Dinners for One
Bite-Sized Salmon Tikka
Salmon is versatile, highly nutritious and can be purchased fresh or frozen. This “Indianized” recipe is quick, tasty and perfect for a quick snack or meal with a salad. Serve with masala chai. You can try this recipe with any white fish: cod, haddock, pollock, etc.
Bite-sized salmon tikka is a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer or snack that features bite-sized pieces of salmon marinated in Indian spices and grilled to perfection. Here’s a simple recipe for making bite-sized salmon tikka:
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Wooden skewers
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, and lemon juice.
- Add the bite-sized pieces of salmon to the bowl and mix well, ensuring that each piece is coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours) to allow the salmon to absorb the flavors.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10-15 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Thread the salmon pieces onto the skewers, leaving a small gap between each piece to ensure even cooking.
- Grill the salmon skewers for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the salmon is cooked through and lightly charred on the outside.
- Remove the skewers from the grill and serve immediately, garnished with fresh cilantro and lemon wedges if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful bite-sized salmon tikka!