All Menu PricesQuick and Easy Dinners for One
Breaded and Fried Scallops
I love scallops and wanted to try them deep fried, but the ingredients were limited. It was super easy and delicious. I started doing it all the time.
Breaded and fried scallops are a delicious seafood dish that can be enjoyed as an appetizer, main course, or snack. Here’s a simple recipe to make breaded and fried scallops:
- 1 pound fresh scallops, cleaned and dried
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, and black pepper.
- In another shallow dish, beat the eggs.
- In a third shallow dish, place the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each scallop first in the flour mixture, then in the beaten eggs, and finally in the breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the scallop to help them adhere.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the scallops to the skillet and fry until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the breaded and fried scallops with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Note: Be sure not to overcrowd the skillet with too many scallops at once, as this can cause them to cook unevenly. You may need to fry the scallops in batches.