All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
This chicken parmigiana is a very nice dinner for two. Serve it with your favorite pasta and tossed greens.
Chicken Parmigiana is an Italian-American dish made from breaded chicken cutlets that are fried and topped with tomato sauce and melted cheese. Here’s a recipe you can follow:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for frying
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound them to an even thickness.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set up three shallow dishes. In the first dish, place the flour. In the second dish, beat the eggs. In the third dish, mix together the breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each chicken breast in the flour, then in the beaten eggs, and then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the mixture onto the chicken to coat it well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish. Top each chicken breast with about 1/2 cup of marinara sauce and a generous amount of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh basil or parsley, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious Chicken Parmigiana!