All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce Recipe
A rich lemon sauce for chicken makes this dish perfect for a special meal.
Here’s a recipe for chicken with lemon-caper sauce:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the flour in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the white wine and chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook for a few minutes until the sauce has reduced by about half.
- Add the capers, lemon juice, and butter to the skillet and stir until the butter has melted and the sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious chicken with lemon-caper sauce!