All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Chinese Spareribs Recipe
These Chinese short ribs are tender, juicy and spicy. I created this recipe after looking for a good short rib recipe and nothing caught my eye. I roasted in Japan, but should be fine on the grill or in the oven.
Chinese spareribs are a delicious and popular dish in Chinese cuisine. Here’s a recipe for making Chinese spareribs at home:
- 1 1/2 pounds pork spareribs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, rice wine or dry sherry, brown sugar, minced garlic, minced ginger, five spice powder, salt and black pepper.
- Cut the spareribs into individual pieces and place them in a baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the spareribs and toss to coat.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and turn the spareribs over. Brush with the vegetable oil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until they are tender and caramelized.
- Serve the Chinese spareribs hot with rice and vegetables.
Enjoy your homemade Chinese spareribs!