All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Drunken Mussels Recipe
This mussel recipe is truly delicious and one of the quickest seafood preparations known to man. Bring the delicious wine-based broth to a boil, add the mussels and cover; cook until they open and eat. It is! Serve with toasted bread to make the broth the perfect way to go.
Drunken mussels in beer is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for seafood lovers. Here is a simple recipe to make drunken mussels in beer:
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beer (any type will do)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the mussels by scrubbing them with a brush under cold running water. Remove any beards by pulling them towards the hinge of the mussel.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the beer and stir well. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the mussels to the pot and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to a serving bowl. Pour the remaining cooking liquid over the mussels.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with crusty bread to soak up the flavorful broth.
Enjoy your delicious drunken mussels in beer!