All Menu PricesQuick and Easy Dinners for One
Easy Chicken with Mushrooms and Zucchini in Cream Sauce
A quick and easy chicken breast, zucchini and mushroom dinner that is one of my favorite midweek recipes because it takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and zucchini to the same skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and dried thyme to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the heavy cream into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cream has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted and well combined.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the cream sauce over the chicken.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the chicken with the mushrooms, zucchini, and cream sauce on top. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh thyme, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and easy chicken with mushrooms and zucchini in cream sauce!