All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Emily’s Marinated Venison Steaks Recipe
This venison fillet recipe is made with a delicious marinade. One afternoon I threw it out because we needed to use up some venison in the freezer. We don’t like the gamey taste of certain meats and this marinade worked! I find it best to marinate the meat overnight so it absorbs the flavors.
Here is a recipe for Emily’s Marinated Venison Steaks:
- 4 venison steaks (about 6-8 oz each)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, brown sugar, black pepper, rosemary, and thyme until well combined.
- Place the venison steaks in a shallow dish or large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks, making sure they are fully coated. Cover the dish or seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer if desired.
- Let the steaks rest for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful marinated venison steaks!