Differences between the Endocrine and Exocrine Gland. An endocrine gland is one that produces messenger substances known as hormones and dumps them into the blood capillaries, which carry them to the cells that require them to perform their functions. An exocrine gland is one that is distributed throughout the body and is part of various organs, its function is to produce enzymes and other non-hormonal substances. keep reading…
It is a set of cells responsible for producing hormones, they discharge them without an excretory duct directly into the blood capillaries to the target cells that require them to perform their function. The target organs can also receive hormones, which are regulated by hormones. The main glands that make up the endocrine system are:
- Pineal gland.
- Thyroid gland.
- Kidney glands.
- Gonads: testicles and ovaries.
- Pituitary or pituitary (posterior lobe and anterior lobe)
The exocrine glands are a group of glands distributed throughout the body and that are part of various organs and systems. They are responsible for producing non-hormonal substances that perform specific functions. These glands secrete chemicals through tubes that carry these substances into a cavity, organ, or body surface. suggested video: Endocrine and Exocrine Gland
Differences between the Endocrine and Exocrine Gland
- The endocrine system is made up of glands that produce hormones in order to regulate processes such as reproduction, development, growth, mood, and metabolism.
- Some endocrine glands are the Pituitary gland, pancreas, thyroid, adrenal glands, parathyroid glands, ovaries, and testes.
- The exocrine system contains glands that produce and secrete substances that protect or lubricate our body.
- Some exocrine glands are sweat glands, salivary glands, mucosa, mammary glands, sebaceous, and tear glands.
- Substances produced by the exocrine glands travel through ducts and are deposited on epithelial surfaces.
- The endocrine glands are released into the blood and thus reach the cells and organs that require them.