The process by which modern organisms evolve from their ancestors, changing their allele frequencies, is called Facts about Evolution.
What is Evolution?
Evolution is a unique process that helps explain and understand the living world around us. Evolution basically refers to characteristic changes of a species over long periods of time.
Amazing Facts About Evolution
- Researchers are not sure if humans have reached the peak of evolution or are still moving forward.
- All living things evolved from bacteria that existed millions of years ago. The evolution of life is said to have started about 37 million years ago.
- Homo sapiens, or modern man, appeared 2,500,000 years ago. Humans took about 5 million years to evolve.
- Dinosaurs were not the first reptiles to evolve. Dinosaurs landed 220 million years ago, and the first reptile crawled on land 340 million years ago.
- Hippos, dogs and bears are closely related to carnivores. But they are on a different branch of the evolutionary tree than wolves and dogs.
- About 550 million years ago, the ancestor of Homo sapiens had a stick-like sea monster called Lancelet.
- Due to development the human brain is shrinking. According to scientists, our brains started to shrink around 20,000 years ago.
- The penguin’s wings became feathers. Penguins small wings have evolved to make it easier for them to swim and transport.
you may also like