Quick and Easy Dinners for One
Filet Mignon with Rich Balsamic Glaze
Red wine and balsamic vinegar make a rich sauce for filet mignon medallions. Try this easy recipe for a quick and elegant dinner for two. Excellent served with steamed asparagus and baby red potatoes.
Here’s a recipe for Filet Mignon with a Rich Balsamic Glaze that serves 4 people:
- 4 (6-8 oz) filet mignon steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Take the filet mignon steaks out of the refrigerator and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Season both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the filet mignon steaks to the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are browned.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and roast the steaks for 6-8 minutes, or until they reach your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the steaks to a plate. Cover the steaks with foil to keep them warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the balsamic vinegar, red wine, and honey. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the glaze has thickened.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the butter. Whisk until the butter is fully melted and the glaze is smooth.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the filet mignon steaks and serve immediately.
Enjoy your Filet Mignon with a Rich Balsamic Glaze!