All Menu PricesCooking for Two
French Toast without Milk Recipe
Toasters without milk for those who like a stronger toaster. My son’s friends loved it and asked for the recipe to take home to their moms! Serve with butter and syrup.
French toast is a delicious breakfast dish that is typically made with eggs, milk, bread, and spices. However, if you don’t have milk or are lactose intolerant, you can still make French toast without milk. Here is a simple recipe for French toast without milk:
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides evenly.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the bread slices to the skillet.
- Cook each slice for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the French toast from the skillet and serve warm with your favorite toppings, such as fresh berries, honey, or maple syrup.
Note: If you prefer a sweeter French toast, you can add a little bit of sugar to the egg mixture. Also, you can use any type of bread for this recipe, but thicker slices work best.