All Menu PricesCooking for Two
How to Cook Trout Fish Recipe
This trout recipe is so simple it doesn’t even have a name. I just call it trout. This is such an easy weeknight seafood dinner. This is a great way to cook fish, especially if you are new to it.
Trout is a delicious and healthy fish that can be cooked in many ways, including grilling, baking, or pan-frying. Here is a simple and tasty recipe for pan-fried trout:
- 2 whole trout, cleaned and scaled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Rinse the trout under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. Season the inside and outside of the fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil and butter.
- Once the butter is melted and the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the trout to the skillet, skin-side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the skin is crispy and golden brown.
- Carefully flip the trout over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until the other side is browned and the fish is cooked through.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the trout and place the lemon slices on top of the fish.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious pan-fried trout!