This frozen salmon Instant Pot recipe requires no thawing. Steaks stay hot and tender without overcooking.
Cooking frozen salmon in an Instant Pot is easy and convenient. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- Frozen salmon fillets
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Season the frozen salmon fillets with salt and black pepper on both sides.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the Instant Pot and turn on the sauté function.
- Once the Instant Pot is hot, place the salmon fillets in the pot, skin-side down.
- Sear the salmon for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and set the pressure valve to the sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 3-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. For thin fillets, cook for 3 minutes; for thicker fillets, cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the salmon fillets from the Instant Pot and serve with lemon wedges.
Enjoy your delicious and perfectly cooked Instant Pot frozen salmon!