All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oats Recipe
Steel Cut Oats and Instant Pot – Two of my favorite discoveries of the last 10 years. Top with ground flax seeds, hemp seeds, cinnamon, berries, honey, syrup, vanilla extract, nut butter, etc.
Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oats is a quick and easy way to prepare a delicious and healthy breakfast. Steel-cut oats are less processed than rolled oats and provide a more hearty and satisfying texture, as well as being rich in fiber and other important nutrients. Here is a simple recipe to prepare Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oats:
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 cups water or milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Rinse the steel-cut oats in a fine-mesh strainer and drain.
- Add the oats, water or milk, salt, and cinnamon (if using) to the Instant Pot.
- Stir well to combine.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, making sure the valve is in the “Sealing” position.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then turn the valve to “Venting” to release any remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot lid and stir the oats.
- Serve hot, garnished with your favorite toppings, such as fresh berries, sliced banana, chopped nuts, honey, or maple syrup.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oats!