Lobster Thermidor Recipe
This great Lobster Thermidor is surprisingly easy to make. Lobster shells are filled with lobster cooked in a creamy white wine sauce, then topped with parmesan cheese and grilled until golden brown.
Lobster Thermidor is a classic French dish that consists of cooked lobster meat mixed with a creamy white wine sauce and flavored with mustard, tarragon, and Parmesan cheese. The mixture is then placed back into the lobster shell, topped with breadcrumbs and grated cheese, and baked until golden brown.
To make Lobster Thermidor, you will need cooked lobster meat, butter, shallots, white wine, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, tarragon, salt, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and grated cheese.
Here is a basic recipe for Lobster Thermidor:
- 2 lobsters, cooked and meat removed from the shell
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (such as Gruyere)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the saucepan and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper to the saucepan and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked lobster meat to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the lobster shells and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and grated cheese. Sprinkle over the top of the lobster mixture.
- Place the lobsters on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the lobster is heated through.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy your delicious Lobster Thermidor!