Manicure and pedicure
The Difference between Manicure and Pedicure is given here. Manicure is the cosmetic treatment for nails and hands that is performed at home or in a beauty salon, while pedicure is the cosmetic treatment performed on the feet.
It is the cosmetic beauty treatment for nails and hands, performed at home or in a beauty salon. In a manicure, the edges of the nails are cut and filed, the hands are massaged, and nail polish is applied.
Some types of manicures include painting designs on the nails, applying faux jewelry, or applying artificial nails. The practice of manicure began 5000 years ago.
The English term manicure comes from the French manicure which means “hand care” this term comes from the Latin words “manus” and “cure”.
Today the popularity and fascination for nail art have grown due to the social media community offering tips, tricks, and designs.
Types of manicure
- French Manicure: It is done by applying artificial nails.
- Hot oil manicure: clean cuticles and soften them with oil. Mineral oils, olive oil, or lotions are used.
- Paraffin wax treatments: Hands are dipped in melted paraffin wax to soften and hydrate them.
Pedicure / e comes from the Latin “Pedi” and “cure” which means foot care. Along with manicure, it has been done for over 4000 years. Pedicure is a process similar to manicure where toenails are cared for, the foot is massaged, and the skin is cleansed and nourished.
In Babylon, nobles used gold tools for manicures and pedicures, and in China nail polish was used to indicate social status.
The Egyptians used red on their nails to demonstrate the highest social class, it is said that Cleopatra painted her nails deep red and Nefertiti used a ruby color. In Rome and Egypt, the military leaders combined the color of their lips with that of their nails before going to battle.
suggested video: Manicure vs Pedicure
Difference between Manicure and Pedicure
- Manicures consist of all those cosmetic treatments aimed at improving the health and beauty of hands and nails. The nails are shaped, cuticle treatment is performed, the enamel is applied and a hand massage is performed.
- Pedicures are beauty treatments for the feet and toenails. It begins with a long foot bath in a tub, then the corns are removed, the foot is nourished with oils or creams, the nails are filed and enamel is applied.