Difference between Men and Women
A man is a human being of the male sex, while a woman is that person of the female sex. Men produce the hormone testosterone and women, estrogens, this causes the development of different characteristics. The differences between men and women can be appreciated in biological, physical, psychological, cultural, and social terms.
They are those of the male sex, they are also known as males. It is used as a plural term to refer to the entire human race and to speak of an adult person. Men produce testosterone, a hormone that causes more body and facial hair, wider shoulders and thorax, a larger Adam’s apple, and easier to build muscles.
Men determine the sex of the baby through the chromosome that carries the sperm, this can be X or Y. The primary sexual organs of men are external, while those of women are located inside their bodies. The predominance of men in society has led to machismo, a behavior that is not only negative for women, but also for the man himself, closing workspaces for one or the other, but which, over time, have been conquered Almost entirely. Machismo maintains in force certain false stereotypes that attribute to men characteristics such as greater rationality, aggressiveness, and competitiveness, characteristics that a woman can also present, or that a man may lack, these situations generate conflict in societies that do not want to discard these old paradigms.
Women are female persons. This term is used to refer to adults. Various hormones are produced in women, but it is estrogens that define characteristics such as a narrow waist, developed breasts, less body and facial hair, a wide pelvis, wide hips, and a normally higher voice. The woman is in charge of most of the reproductive work, she is the one who becomes pregnant, gives birth, and breastfeeds the baby. Contraceptive methods have given women and their partners the ability to plan children and allow women to exercise their sexuality freely. The paradigm that considers women as the weaker sex has been overthrown in most of the developed and developing countries of the world.
Differences between Men and Women
- The 100 trillion cells that make up the bodies of men and women are different. In men, cells have the pair of XY chromosomes, while in women the pair of chromosomes that define sex is XX.
- According to the latest studies, the area of the brain that defines the sexual impulse in men is 2.5 times larger than in women. This defines not only sexual desire, but courage, courage, drive, or the ability to take initiative.
- The woman produces estrogens, progesterone, and oxytocin, which encourages feminine behaviors. In man, testosterone, vasopressin, and a hormone called SIM (Müllerian Inhibition Substance) predominate.
- Men have a psychological and social tendency to internalize and relativize their feelings, women express and communicate them easily.
- Women are more likely to speak because their brain contains 30% more language protein (FOXP2) than the male brain.
- Male language seeks to strengthen their autonomy and independence, in women, language seeks to strengthen their intimacy and the confirmation of the other.
- Due to evolution, women have a greater ability to differentiate colors while men survive distances and fast movements better.
- Men’s brains are 8-13% larger in size and contain 6.5 times more gray matter and 10 times less white matter than women’s brains.
- Men use their hippocampus to locate themselves, which is why they orient themselves better. Women activate the frontal cortex, making it more difficult to orient themselves.
- Men sweat more than women.