All Menu PricesCooking for Two
One Pan Orecchiette Pasta Recipe
This delicious orecchiette pasta recipe only has a handful of ingredients, is very inexpensive to make, and best of all, only one pan or saucepan is used for the entire process.
Every year when it’s time to go back to school, I’m inundated with requests from students to post recipes that are super easy, cost pennies, and require minimal kitchen equipment – this is one!
One Pan Orecchiette Pasta is a quick and easy Italian dish that requires only one pan to prepare, making it a great option for busy weeknights. Here’s a simple recipe to make One Pan Orecchiette Pasta:
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the orecchiette pasta to the pan and stir until the pasta is coated in the oil.
- Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan.
- Let the pasta cook for 10-12 minutes, or until it is cooked to your liking. Stir occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking to the pan.
- Add the diced tomatoes and spinach to the pan and stir until the spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the pasta and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
You can also add other ingredients like mushrooms, bell peppers, or cooked chicken to make the dish more filling and flavorful.