All Menu PricesQuick and Easy Dinners for One
Pasta with Swiss Chard Recipe
Garden-fresh Swiss chard is cooked quickly with olive oil, garlic, and capers in this quick and easy Italian-inspired dish.
- 8 oz pasta (such as spaghetti or penne)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, leaves and stems separated and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped Swiss chard stems to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if using) to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped Swiss chard leaves to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- Season the Swiss chard with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet with the Swiss chard. Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the pasta and toss again to combine.
- Serve the pasta with Swiss chard hot, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and healthy pasta with Swiss chard!