All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Pork Fried Rice Recipe
This pork fried rice recipe is my modified version of another recipe. I often replace pork with chicken and it doesn’t make a difference. I used basmati rice and long grain rice, which gives the dish just a slight difference in taste. I have also added celery in the past with good results.
Here’s a recipe for Pork Fried Rice:
- 2 cups cooked white rice, chilled
- 1/2 lb pork, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Green onions, sliced (optional)
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced pork and cook for about 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Remove the pork from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the diced onion, minced garlic, frozen peas and carrots to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs into the other side. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked, then mix them with the vegetables.
- Add the chilled rice to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables and eggs.
- Add the cooked pork back to the skillet.
- Drizzle soy sauce over the rice and add salt and black pepper to taste. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until the rice is heated through and slightly crispy.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
This recipe makes 4 servings. You can also add other ingredients like diced bell peppers, bean sprouts, or shrimp to make it your own.