All Menu PricesSheet Pan Dinners
Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary Recipe
I’m always looking for really simple yet delicious chicken recipes. It was given to me by my friend and colleague Paul Grimes, who is an amazing chef (and food stylist). Ideal for casual meals on weekdays or when company comes over.
Roasted chicken with lemon and rosemary is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. Here is a recipe to get you started:
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 lemon
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Remove the giblets and excess fat from the chicken, then rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper, both inside and out.
- Cut the lemon into quarters and stuff them inside the chicken cavity along with the garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs.
- Tie the legs of the chicken together with kitchen twine and tuck the wings underneath the body.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Enjoy your delicious roasted chicken with lemon and rosemary!