Quick and Easy Dinners for One
These Seared Scallops with Garlic and Rosemary are amazing! Simply crush the garlic with the blade of a chef’s knife rather than mince it, and use whole sprigs of rosemary so you can easily remove them before serving.
Sautéed scallops are a delicious and simple seafood dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as an appetizer. Here’s a basic recipe for sautéed scallops:
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add the butter and olive oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the pan.
- Once the butter has melted and is hot, add the scallops to the skillet. Make sure the scallops are in a single layer and not touching each other.
- Cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes on one side until they are golden brown. Flip the scallops over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and transfer them to a plate.
- Serve the sautéed scallops hot, with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the scallops.
Enjoy your delicious sautéed scallops!