All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Savory Pan-Seared Tuna Steaks Recipe
These Chinese short ribs are tender, juicy and spicy. I created this recipe after looking for a good short rib recipe and nothing caught my eye. I roasted in Japan, but should be fine on the grill or in the oven.
Savory Pan-Seared Tuna Steaks are a delicious and healthy meal that can be cooked up quickly and easily. Here is a recipe to make this dish:
- 2 tuna steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Remove the tuna steaks from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Season both sides of the tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the tuna steaks to the skillet and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet. Add minced garlic and rosemary sprigs to the skillet, and spoon the melted butter over the tuna steaks.
- Cook the tuna steaks for an additional 2-3 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Once the tuna steaks are done, remove them from the skillet and let them rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the tuna steaks with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over the top.
Enjoy your savory pan-seared tuna steaks! They go great with a side of roasted vegetables or a simple green salad.