All Menu PricesQuick and Easy Dinners for One
Scrambled Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe
My husband grew up in West Africa where peanut butter stew was popular, so he started wondering if peanut butter went well with eggs. The result was such a recipe. It was a success!
Scrambled Peanut Butter Eggs is a unique recipe that combines scrambled eggs with peanut butter to create a tasty and protein-packed breakfast dish. Here’s a simple recipe you can follow:
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of milk or water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of butter or oil, for cooking
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the milk or water. Beat the eggs until they’re well mixed and frothy.
- Add the peanut butter to the bowl and stir until it’s evenly distributed throughout the eggs.
- Season the egg mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the butter or oil.
- Once the butter is melted or oil is heated, pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Use a spatula to continuously stir the eggs until they are fully cooked, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and transfer the scrambled peanut butter eggs to a plate.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your unique breakfast!
You can also garnish with chopped peanuts or a drizzle of honey if you like.