Sheet Pan Dinners
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Healthy Recipe
This Skillet Chicken Fajitas recipe is quick, easy, and a great way to make delicious homemade fajitas for a crowd.
Sheet pan chicken fajitas can be a healthy and delicious meal option, as long as you make some smart ingredient choices and pay attention to your portion sizes. Here’s a basic recipe for sheet pan chicken fajitas that you can customize to fit your taste preferences and dietary needs:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Whole wheat tortillas, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the sliced chicken, bell peppers, and onion with the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until everything is well-coated.
- Spread the chicken and vegetable mixture evenly on a large baking sheet, making sure the pieces aren’t crowded.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and squeeze the lime juice over the top of the fajita mixture.
- Serve the fajitas with whole wheat tortillas and your favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, avocado, salsa, and plain Greek yogurt.
To make this recipe even healthier, you can:
- Use skinless chicken breast instead of dark meat or chicken thighs to reduce the amount of fat in the dish.
- Increase the amount of vegetables in the recipe to boost the fiber and nutrient content of the meal.
- Choose whole wheat tortillas instead of white flour tortillas for added fiber and complex carbohydrates.
- Use less oil or a healthier oil, such as avocado or coconut oil, to reduce the overall calorie count of the dish.