Sheet Pan Dinners
Sheet Pan New Orleans-Style Shrimp Recipe
One of my favorite dishes is BBQ Shrimp from a restaurant in New Orleans. Don’t let the name fool you: the shrimp aren’t grilled with a sweet barbecue sauce; it is stewed in butter and Worcestershire sauce.
This grilled version is reminiscent of those classic New Orleans shrimp flavors, but it comes together much faster. You may want to have French bread on hand to soak up the extra sauce!
Sheet Pan New Orleans-Style Shrimp is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that brings the flavors of the Big Easy to your kitchen. Here’s a simple recipe to try:
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp, sliced andouille sausage, sliced bell peppers, sliced onion, minced garlic, and olive oil together until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the shrimp and sausage mixture, and toss to combine.
- Spread the shrimp and sausage mixture out on a large baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through and the sausage and vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Enjoy your Sheet Pan New Orleans-Style Shrimp with some crusty bread or over a bed of rice to soak up all the delicious juices.