All Menu PricesQuick and Easy Dinners for One
Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling
Spread this chickpea sandwich filling on crispy wholemeal rolls or pita bread and serve with lettuce and tomatoes.
Here’s a simple recipe for a vegetarian chickpea sandwich filling:
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 oz)
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
- 1/4 cup of chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup of chopped pickles
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the chopped onion, celery, carrot, and pickles to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the chickpea mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chickpea filling in a sandwich with your choice of bread and toppings.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious vegetarian chickpea sandwich!