The use of electricity in our modern world has enabled various uses of transistors in every electronic circuit. Transistors are widely used in our daily life, which we know as amplifiers and switches. As amplifiers, they can be used to work in various oscillators, modulators, detectors and almost any circuit.
Transistors are used as switches in a digital circuit. There are different types of transistors such as low and high frequency operation according to different applications. There are low, medium and high power transistors.
Uses of Transistor
- Important applications of transistors include switching applications or both amplification and switching.
- There is a range of transistors that generate current depending on the amount of light; They are known as phototransmitters.
- A bipolar junction transistor (BJT) can cause a high current flow from the emitter to the collector if a small current passes through the base.
- Field-operated transistors function as voltage-controlled devices. Field Effect Transistors (FETs) have a very high input impedance and help drive very little current through them. This helps to avoid causing a load on the power source because they do not interfere with the original circuit electrical elements that are connected to the FET are cheaper and easier to measure.
- Heterojunction bipolar transistors (HBTs) provide fast switching speeds and are used in both analog and digital microwave applications. Their structure is very valuable and they can work very well in masonry. They are used as power amplifiers in mobile laser drives.
- Darlington transistors have a much higher ability to receive current. Because it is animated, it can capture edges of human skin, so it is used to create personalized videos.
- Schottky Transistors switch high input currents and prevent saturation of the transistors.
- Transistor-transistor logic (TTL) and NAND logic gates use high-output transistors.
- Dual Gate MOSFETs are used in RF mixers/multipliers and RF amplifiers where two controlled gates are required in series.