All Menu PricesCooking for Two
Surf and Turf for Two Recipe
Surf and turf is a combination of seafood and steak. This recipe grills marinated shrimp and steaks for a super easy way to make a special dinner every night of the week. You probably already have most of the shrimp marinade ingredients in your pantry.
Surf and turf is a classic dish that combines seafood (the “surf”) and meat (the “turf”) on one plate. Here is a recipe for surf and turf for two:
- 2 6-ounce filet mignons
- 2 lobster tails
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the filet mignons out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lobster tails. Use kitchen scissors to cut the top of the shell lengthwise, and then use your fingers to gently separate the shell from the meat, being careful not to break the meat. Once you have separated the shell from the meat, place the meat on top of the shell, and set the lobster tails aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season the filet mignons with salt and pepper on both sides, and add them to the skillet. Sear the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, and add the butter to the skillet. Place the skillet in the oven, and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until the filet mignons reach your desired level of doneness.
- While the steaks are baking, cook the lobster tails. Place the lobster tails on a baking sheet, and brush them with melted butter. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the lobster meat is cooked through.
- To serve, place a filet mignon on each plate, and top with a lobster tail. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Enjoy your delicious surf and turf dinner for two!